Website Ontario SPCA
Who We Are
The Ontario SPCA and Humane Society is a registered charity that has been operating for 150 years. The Society provides care, comfort, and compassion to animals in need in communities across Ontario; we value all animals and advocate to treat them with respect and kindness. We strive to keep pets and families together and do so through a variety of community support services.
We are building a new province-wide Philanthropy team to help grow donor engagement and execute our plan for fundraising revenue growth over the next five years. Reporting to the Director of Philanthropy, we are seeking four new Development Officers who will be responsible for generating critical donor revenue for the Ontario SPCA’s community-based strategic funding initiatives.
Two Development Officer roles will be dedicated to building donor relationships in each of our animal centre communities of Sudbury and Durham and two additional roles will support our Eastern Ontario (Napanee, Brockville, Cornwall, and Renfrew) and Central Ontario (Midland, Orillia, and Muskoka) animal centre communities.
Position: We are seeking highly motivated, results-driven relationship based-fundraisers to join our team in the new role of Development Officer. This role will have a phenomenal impact supporting pets and people in Ontario by raising philanthropic support for the highest priority animal care and program needs.
Status: Full-time, Permanent.
Location: Four positions available:
Development Officer, Sudbury ON
Development Officer, Durham ON
Development Officer, Eastern Region (supporting communities of Napanee, Brockville, Cornwall, and Renfrew)
Development Officer, Central Region (supporting communities of Midland, Orillia, and Muskoka)
Travel and use of personal vehicle is required within the above assigned communities. This role is eligible to participate in our flexible work policy and program which provides the opportunity to work primarily remotely.
How Your Role Contributes to our Team:
Donor Relationship Management (80%)
· Act as primary lead to develop and implement local individualized strategies to identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward a portfolio of individuals, businesses and foundation donors that will increase engagement and revenue.
· Develop, maintain, and manage a portfolio of approximately 100 active local prospects and donors with a capacity to give one-time and multi-year gifts +.
· Conduct research as required and continually populate donor pipeline with local businesses, foundations, and individuals.
· Personally conduct cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship activities to meet revenue and donor-facing activity targets.
· Customize donor-facing communication materials – presentations, gift proposals, gift agreements and recognition and stewardship plans to support local cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship activities.
· As a community matter expert on local philanthropy and fundraising best practice, work collaboratively with colleagues to identify and execute opportunities to engage local prospects and donors in all aspects of our fundraising initiatives and mission.
· Utilize Raiser’s Edge to document and track donor activities and support KPI tracking and reporting according to organizational practices.
· Support the creation and implementation of annual community fundraising operational plans, revenue targets and budgets.
Why Should You Join Our Team?
Be part of a professional and supportive fundraising team who share your passion for animals!
· Competitive compensation package including medical, dental, vision benefits and life insurance
· Flexible work schedule with options for remote work and flexible hours
· Clear path and encouragement for career growth
· Professional development opportunities including training, workshops, and conferences
· Cell phone allowance
· Employee Family Assistance Program
· Paid sick time
· Generous vacation policy
· Free onsite parking
· Generous discount on virtual pet care, food, and Ontario SPCA merchandise.
Do You Have What It Takes?
· 5+ years relevant experience with personally securing donations from individuals, foundations, and businesses.
· Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills, and a demonstrated ability to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally.
· Experience managing and activating a portfolio of donors, including developing a pipeline, prospect research, moving prospects through a journey from identification and qualification to solicitation and stewardship.
· Demonstrated ability to develop new and steward donor relationships with prospects, donors, and volunteers.
· Proven ability to manage multiple priorities on tight deadlines.
· Exceptional presentation, communication and writing skills.
· Working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge.
· A university/college degree and additional training in fundraising or not for profit management is a strong asset.
Some candidates only apply if they meet 100% of the qualifications for a role. Even if you can only say “yes” to some of the qualifications above, if you’re a passionate fundraiser who loves animals, we still want to hear from you!
We Can’t Wait to Meet You!
Applications are being reviewed as received and early application is encouraged.
Please forward your resume and cover letter including Development Officer with location of interest to:
Vice President, Development
Ontario SPCA and Humane Society
Please quote “Development Officer, location of interest” in the subject line.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest in the Ontario SPCA and Humane Society, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario SPCA and Humane Society provides accommodation during all stages of the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please advise us if you are contacted for an interview and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at 888-668-7722 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com