Eric Dean Mentor of the Year Award
The Eric Dean Mentor of the Year Award was created to recognize excellence amongst mentors in the charitable and non-profit sector in Central Ontario. Outstanding mentors from any of the different disciplines of fundraising are eligible for this award. Mentorship plays a key role in supporting and developing a successful career, and the Association of Fundraising Professionals Central Ontario Chapter wishes to acknowledge the importance of mentoring relationships amongst Association members with the Mentor of the Year Award.
This award is based on the training experiences and success of the nominee’s mentees, not the mentor’s personal career achievements. For the purpose of this award, mentoring is defined as the process of guiding, supporting, and promoting the training and career development of others.
The key roles of a mentor include, but are not limited to providing:
- Intellectual growth and development
- Career development
- Professional guidance
- Positive role modeling
It is anticipated that awardees will be a role model of personal and professional integrity, and have had a sustained career commitment to mentoring and a significant positive impact on their mentees’ careers.
A complete nomination package must include:
- The below nomination form in full
- A written submission of no more than 500 words describing your mentor and their achievements which, in your opinion, qualify the nominee for the award
- Any supporting documents (meeting minutes, action plans, 2-5 year mentor plans, etc.) as you may wish to submit
- Nominations will be sought each fall and the Award Selection Committee will review all nominations, and make recommendations to AFP Central Ontario regarding the recipient of the award, which will be presented during a National Philanthropy Day event
- At its discretion, the Award Selection Committee may also carry forward nominations from the previous year.
- At the discretion of the Award Selection Committee, the award may not necessarily be awarded each year
Deadline for 2022 nomination submissions is November 23, 2022 at 5:00 p.m.
- All nominees must be members in good standing with the Association of Fundraising Professionals
- Nominees should have a sustained record of mentoring over time
- Nominators should be a mentee of the nominee, and/or colleagues who have personal knowledge of the nominee’s mentoring efforts
- Prior recipients of the Erin Dean Mentor of the Year Award are ineligible for future consideration in this category
- Current members of the AFP Central Ontario Award Selection Committee
- Self-nominations will not be accepted