COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
We aim to collect, use, and disclose only such information as is required to enable us to effectively manage our membership database, to provide effective Chapter member services, to process membership services, workshop, and event payments and to respond to inquiries and/or provide feedback. We collect information to understand user needs, for identification and authentication purposes and for service improvement. Two types of information may be collected through the website and our services: Personal Information and Non-Personal Information.
Personal Information is any information that can be used to distinguish, identify, or contact a specific individual, such as individual’s name, address, e-mail address, and credit card information. If you choose not to provide certain requested personal information, in some instances you may not be able to register to use the services or to access certain features of Chapter services.
Non-Personal Information is anonymous information which does not identify an individual. Aggregate information, such as demographic data, number of visitors, pages accessed and visited by users, and average time spent on the Chapter website and sub-sites is not considered ‘Personal Information’. Business contact information such as the name, title, business address, e-mail address, or telephone number of a business or professional person or an employee of an organization is not considered ‘Personal Information’.
USE OF INFORMATION
We collect information for the following purposes:
- Registration for events: To register for Chapter events, individuals (this includes both members and non-members) must provide certain Personal Information to us such as your full name, phone number, email address, industry, job title and credit card information. Please note that by registering for AFP Central Ontario Chapter events you are consenting to have media (i.e. photographers) present and therefore may appear in candid event photos. Members may be asked at events to have their photos taken for AFP Chapter media/marketing purposes.
- Marketing Communications: If you opt-in to receive marketing communications from us or through the Chapter’s head office (AFP Global), you will receive regular Chapter updates regarding important member services and event information and promotions. You may withdraw your consent to receiving marketing communications from us at any time by following the opt-out instructions in each communication (unsubscribing), by updating your marketing and communication preferences on the AFP Global member login page, or by contacting us at email@example.com
- Statistics: We also collect statistics about use of the Services. This information will be kept confidential, however, aggregate statistics that do not personally identify an individual will be kept by us and such aggregate statistics may be made available to other members or third parties.
By becoming a member or by requesting information or registering for events offered by AFP Central Ontario Chapter, you are giving AFP Central Ontario Chapter permission to contact you by way of the information you provide.
DISCLOSURES & TRANSFERS OF INFORMATION
Important Exceptions: We may disclose your Personal Information to third parties without your consent if we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) our rights or property, other website members, other users of the Services, or anyone else (including the rights or property of anyone else) that could be harmed by such activities. We may disclose Personal Information when we believe in good faith that such disclosure is required by and in accordance with the law.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us. We take technical, contractual, administrative, and physical security steps designed to protect the Personal Information that you provide to us. We have implemented procedures designed to limit the dissemination of your Personal Information to only such designated staff as are reasonably necessary to carry out the stated purposes we have communicated to you.
You are also responsible for helping to protect the security of your Personal Information. For instance, never give out your account information or your password for the Services to third parties.
You can help to protect your Personal Information and to ensure the continued accuracy of Chapter communications by keeping us informed of any changes such as a change of employer, position, email address, mailing address and telephone number. If you would like to access or update your information, or if you have any questions, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also write to us at:
AFP Central Ontario Chapter
c/o Liz Noonan, Treasurer
121 Anne St S
Barrie, ON L4N 7B6
AFP CENTRAL ONTARIO CHAPTER MEMBER DIRECTORY LICENSE NOTICE FOR THE WEBSITE DIRECTORY ON www.afpcentralontario.ca
All Contents (c) 2003 Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP). All rights reserved. AFP will license to you the contents of this Directory only if you accept all the terms and conditions contained in this nonexclusive, non-transferable, limited license agreement. Please read this license agreement carefully before clicking “I Agree” to access this Directory. By clicking “I Agree,” you hereby accept and agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions:
- This Directory shall be used for individual, personal, and confidential reference purposes only, and may be used only pursuant to the terms of this license agreement.
- This Directory and the contents hereof are proprietary products of AFP Central Ontario Chapter. The contents of this Directory may not, in whole or in part, be reproduced; copied; disseminated; entered into a computer database; used as part of or in connection with the preparation, revision or confirmation of a mailing, telephone, fax, email, or other marketing list; or otherwise utilized, in any form or manner or by any means, except for the user’s individual, personal and confidential reference.
- Contained herein are the names, addresses, telephone numbers, fax numbers and email addresses, of AFP members as of the posting of this Directory. Their presence in this Directory represents only that these individuals are members of AFP; it does not represent their consent to receive any marketing or related communications. AFP Central Ontario Chapter does not endorse these members and makes no representations, warranties, or guarantees as to, and assumes no responsibility for, the products or services provided by these members. AFP Central Ontario Chapter expressly disclaims all liability for damages of any kind arising out of the use by anyone of this list or the information contained therein.
Member login, sign-up and renewal information and communication preferences can be reviewed here.